Crosshill School achieved the Wellbeing Award in July 2019. We are very proud of the students, staff and stakeholders who helped us achieve this.
Feelings of wellbeing are fundamental to the overall health of an individual, enabling them to successfully overcome difficulties and achieve what they want out of life.
This award shows how well we promote the emotional wellbeing and mental health across the whole school community including students, parents and staff.
With this award we continually:
- Show our commitment to promoting mental health as part of school life
- Improve the emotional wellbeing of staff and students
- Ensure mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offer provision and interventions that matches the needs of its pupils and staff
- Engage the whole-school community in the importance of mental health awareness
- Capture the views of parents, students and teachers on mental health issues
We look forward to continuing to work with you all on our journey to ensuring the wellbeing of all is consistently at the heart of everything we do at Crosshill School
- “A key strength is the clear strategic vision to promote emotional wellbeing in all of the Crosshill school community.”
- “The school ethos is positive, built on trust, respect, friendliness, support and encouragement.”
- “The school’s strong commitment to wellbeing has evolved over many years, creating sustainability to management, provision and promotion of Best Practise.”
- “The school demonstrates a high level of positive respect, nurture and care for the students. Staff and the community.”
- “There is an inspiring sense of joy and happiness in the school.”