We use cookies to track visits to our website, via google analytics
More about cookies

Advice for Parents

If you have any questions  or would like advice then please contact our Family Support Worker, Gemma Zand.  

Gemma explains below how she could help you and your family.

Hi, I'm Gemma, your Family Support Worker, and I'm based at Crosshill fulltime to offer support, information and advice for all parents and carers.

I assist staff, children and families in securing the support required for each child's progress.  There is a wealth of knowledge, care and opportunity at Crosshill, so my liaison role aims to help families to access the school and wider support networks easily.

I am on hand to help with matters ranging from health, finance, community, housing, behaviour, benefits and bereavement or just to be a starting point if you need a listening ear.   It is my aim to be the link person who can work with you to make referrals, liaise or signpost you to other agencies for support. 

I can help if you have any worries in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing and am here as someone to talk to if you need it!  I can meet with you at home or school at a time to suit yourself.  Advice and support is confidential, although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.  I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them!  No matter how big or small, I am happy to support with any issues you have.

Please click here to email Gemma or telephone Crosshill School on 01254 667713.

If you would like impartial advice the following services are also available:

Independent Parent Special Education Advice (IPSEA) is a registered charity that provides free and independent legally based advice to parents of children with all kinds of special educational needs and/or disabilities.

Please click here to view the IPSEA website

SENDIASS (short for Special Educational Needs & Disability Information, Advice & Support Service) offers free impartial advice and information for parents, children and young people about special educational needs (SEN) procedures as set out in SEN legislation and SEN Code of Practice 2015.  They are based in Blackburn and Darwen.

Please click here to email SENDIASS or telephone 01254 503049.

Parent Quotes:

"My child has much more confidence since attending Crosshill. He is a happier boy. He has real friends now. Parents are really included."
"My child has settled very quickly into Crosshill. She is always very happy and keen to go to school. Crosshill is extremely welcoming whenever we visit and her teacher keeps me informed of her progress."